Mittwoch, 16. September 2009

Webway Gate III

After I had saw the pieces this morning, I realized, that I like my prototype more that the actual product, as it has clearer lines and looks less crudely made. So I did another one. This time I took the foamcard, but removed the card. The foam is not very stable and working with the belt sander would probably destroy it in no time, which is why I had to use the Dremel only. I do not think that stability poses a problem in the long run, as I plan to cover the whole thing with Apoxy Sculpt anyway. I would have done so already, but I am still waiting for it to arrive. I have never worked with it, but was told it were good stuff.

 
I think ths one looks far better than the one from Styrodur, but  when both are done I will see which one is better. The Styrodur one is also in a better state then yesterday, as I have done the other dents and rounded it off a bit more. It already looks very bony but still more like a sickle than  like a magic Elf-o-Porter.
 
I think it is because of the edge on the outer circle. It needs to be more distinct or else it looses the alien-tech feeling.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen