Dienstag, 15. September 2009

Concept Scrawlings and a Webway Gate Prototype

As promised, here are my concepts, that I plan to bring into being. I already mentioned, that the webway gates gave me the most headaches, so I drew a whole bunch of them to try and find out, what I liked most.
The first round looked like this:


 
 Well, I told you they were just scrawlings. None the less I think you can see that I tried to stay true to the idea of an Elven-Croissant-Portal, as that makes it easily indentifiable. After I knew a bit more about the general look and feel of the portals, I did some more concepts. The ones I liked best are these two:



The one on top is going to make it. I think it has a bit more of that slight insectoid touch that always seems to be in Eldar designs. It reminds me a bit of a claw or mandible, maybe an arm of a praying mantis or something similar. The bottom one also seems a bit too open, although I like the big gem  in the top. I tried that in the other one, but, at least on paper, it looks unbalanced.


I did a prototype of a webway gate, let me fetch my photo...
Ok... took a picture. The Falcon is for scale purposes only and not included in the package.




As you can see, I tried a smaller top first, but did not really like it. That gave it a bit too much of the insectoid flair. Please remember that this is only a prototype. I used foamcard, but the final product will (hopefully) be made from Styrodur (does this even have an English name? It is the green stuff you use to isolate walls, feels like the stuff thats inside of a plate of foamcore.)


I know its a bit large, but I think they build a large portal, so they can transport big stuff over huge distances. They think big.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen